Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why get a Box?


Every time I go shopping, I have to feel, rub, and touch the items I want to purchase. Well, not everything- I guess I do just throw a can of tomato soup in my shopping cart. But, when it comes to anything that excites me- experiencing the feel, drape and texture of the item is very important. I suspect I'm not the only one. There are so many absolutely exquisite yarns and fibers available on the internet, the problem is bridging the gap between seeing beautiful photos and descriptions, and being able to actually experience the fiber in person. Local yarn shops are definitely a great solution, but not every yarn can be in every shop and my goal is to showcase more of the special 'indie' fiber artists on the web. Spending less time searching for new yarns online (although so much fun) will give you more time to spend working with the fiber you have! With rising gas prices, and a weak dollar- feeding the fiber habit the smart way means "trying before you buy" and the Phat Fiber box can help you do that!

No comments: