Saturday, January 24, 2009

Actual Size Creations Valutree







Many of you are already enjoying their generous mini sock yarn hanks from Actual Size Creations. Imagine my sheer delight when opening the box of samples! The vibrant color, the softness, the generous size- I was nearly swooning. You saw me get all flustered in the video when it was time to fondle the "Absinthe" sample. I said I will be getting some of it soon and by Dodd, I did. I bought the worsted weight "Absinthe" because, well, my sock yarn stash is getting a little out of hand. I have no plans for this yarn. I just MUST have it. Smoosh on Rav mentioned carrying around yarn samples in her pockets to "pet" them while grocery shopping and other taxing non-fiber related duties- A sort of "worry stone" if you will. The only thing I can think of is wrapping the entire hank of Actual Size Creations yarn around my neck and wearing like a necklace when I go out. You all think I'm joking- I'm not. My thoughts on how pretty the yarn is quickly turned to how can I start stocking these in the phat shop. I am so in love with everything Val does in her shop, I'm having a horrible time deciding on what to get first. So, everyone let me know which type of hand dyed deliciousness you'd like to see in the Phat shop.



Worsted? Fingering? Bulky? Roving perhaps? Post your comments below!

10 comments:

Turtle said...

lol at the worry stone image! I love the Absinthe and Good Karma colorways..lots of nice ones to choose from...hey, they're in my backyard!

DianeG said...

First Choice: Worsted
Second Choice: Fingering
Third Choice: Bulky

Love the colors!

crochetdg on Rav and Twitter

MaggieBelize said...

1st choice worsted, 2nd choice bulky. Pretty pretty colors!

Who? Me? said...

I personally like bulky and then worsted.

the colors are great!

Jeni said...

Another vote for worsted, and then for fingering. Normally I'm not that "into" sock weight yarns, but hers are fab!!

DMCA said...

Fingering and/or roving! You know me, sock lover and newb spinner. :) I love her colors!

|chee-uh| said...

Maybe a roving sampler would be fun.

Andrea said...

oh, I got some of the acorn yarn from actual size creations in my sample box, and it is such a generous sample! :]

Melissa's Kre8tions said...

I was lucky enough to get the Absinthe colorway in my box and I was sooooo surprised to see what a generous amount of yarn there was! I can't wait to put that beautiful stuff to good use, I may just have to get another one. ^_^

Melissa
Melissa's Kre8tions

jennifer said...

I'm so excited to see people who are voting for worsted and bulky weights. I love, love, love chunky yarns and it seems like so many people are into sock yarns. I was beginning to think I was all alone in my obsession.

desertgarden